Once you have built a great website, the next thing that you need is the traffic coming to your site so that you can spread your message to the world or you can make a good sale. In order to drive traffic to your site, you may apply different techniques such as Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing, Link Building, etc. (Digital tool can help you with these methods). However, when these techniques may work and improve the ranking of your site on the internet, they may not significantly drive traffic to your site. A better way of saying is that not all of these services may drive traffic to your site but only a few.
In order to help with this situation, there is a great tool on the internet offered by Google called Google Analytics. With the help of Google Analytics, you can find out a lot about the behavior of traffic to your site. You may easily gather and analyze the data in order to find out more about your audience and how should you devise your future strategy. In short, it tells you where you should focus all your energies and which aspects of the strategy you should shelve.
Some of the important things that Google Analytics tell you about are as follows:
- Visitors to your Site: It gives you the statistics of the people visiting your site. The statistics available are for any specified period of time that you can select at the Google Analytics page.
- Source of the Visitors: Google Analytics page tells you about the source of the traffic to your page i.e. Search Engine, Direct, Organic, Social Media, Referral, etc.
- Demographics: It gives a comprehensive analysis of the demographics of the visitors to your site. It tells about the nationalities of the visitors, their gender and the age group of the visitors.
- Bounce Rate: Gives a percentage of the bounce rate.
- Session Time: Gives an estimate of the time people spend on the site in a session.
- of Sessions: Gives an estimate of the number of sessions by users of the website.
- Returning Users: It also gives an estimate of the users, which are using the website on a regular basic.
There are a number of different benefits, which can be accrued from Google Analytics. You can devise your strategy based on the data and insight provided by Google Analytics page and invest more in techniques, which are working for your website and shelve those, which are a waste of investment.