There are three different types of advertising techniques that businesses carry out in order to sell their products and services. These techniques include B2B marketing in which business is targeting other businesses for selling their products, B2C marketing in which businesses target customers for selling their products, B2B2C marketing in which businesses target both businesses and customers in order to sell their products.
There are different techniques for each type of marketing and businesses have to optimise their strategies accordingly. However, there is a general trend in the effectiveness of platforms for carrying out marketing through various channels available. Therefore, below we have discussed some of the platforms, which are most effective for carrying out all three types of marketing. These platforms have been listed below in order of priority depending upon their effectiveness from highest to lowest.
1. Social media: Social media platforms are most effective in carrying out marketing to both businesses and customers since a high percentage of people are using social media platforms today, which makes these platforms more effective as compared to other techniques.
2. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): It is the second most effective technique for carrying out all types of marketing since a large percentage of people search for information on search engines before making a decision. Therefore, those businesses, which appear higher on the search results, are more likely to attract customers as compared to those that do not appear on the first page of the search.
3. Email marketing: It is the third most effective technique for carrying out all sorts of marketing because most professional people are in a habit of checking their emails on a regular basis. Therefore, this significantly increases the effectiveness of the marketing strategy.
4. Tradition advertisement: Advertisement through mass media platforms is the fourth major channel of reaching out to the customers since a huge proportion of people still watch television shows on a regular basis. Similarly, sporting events through mass media channels are also highly important for carrying out marketing.
5. Google AdWords or Pay Per Click marketing: Advertisement through Google AdWords is also important because advertisement make results appear higher on search results and significantly increase the reach of the message of the business.
Digital tool can help businesses develop an effective marketing strategy with the help of which they will be able to make use of all the digital channels in an effective manner and reach out to a greater proportion of customers effectively.